Warfare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to hell D:

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big Bang Beat 1st Impression

Go down 
AuthorMessage
6ixx
Admin
6ixx

Big Bang Beat 1st Impression Empty
PostSubject: Big Bang Beat 1st Impression   Big Bang Beat 1st Impression EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:28 pm

Hey fellow vets xP. And staff I guess too eff three jk jk. I've yet againbring you more sexy fighting game greatness. But this time, this is not my work. This is not mugen either. On my search for bettering my current cvs2 mugen to make everything 100% like cvs as possible, I came across a site I haven't been on in a while and I discovered the greatness of doujin games.

What are doujin games?

Doujin soft, “¯lƒ\ƒtƒg short for "software", also sometimes called doujin games “¯lƒQ[ƒ€, are video games created by Japanese hobbyists or hobbyist groups (referred to as circles), more for fun than for profit; essentially, the Japanese equivalent of fangames. Most of them are based on pre-existing material, but some are entirely original creations. They are almost always exclusive to the PC, but a few notable exceptions also exist for the Dreamcast, because of its very weak copy protection.

Back to the topic.

So, I downloaded a couple of games and I gotta say, I'm way more impressed in doujin games then I ever was with mugen. Mugen has a lot of codes that aren't built right and even if you a pro coder, it still won't run as fast or as smoothly simply because the line of software mugen uses. When I 1st saw BBB or Big Bang Beat ( yes I do realize that's a really random name ) I thought, well since mugen sometimes lags on cpu because of hi res art work, this wouldn't run at all I guess. Boy was I wrong.

The artwork was so intensely awesome and it can par with any console/arcade game. So I invite you guys to take a journey and try BBB. If you want some sexy vids, then look no further <3

My cpu specs are so crappy I'm sure you'll have no problem.

<-- Has 64mb integrated graphics and 512mb of ram

The only hard part about this game is installing it ( took me an hr ) but don't worry, you won't spend nearly as long as I did because I made a sexy guide for how to install this. It's so easy, people from [Insert insult to your most hated ms private server]MS can do it =3

Here we go !

1st, lets download the game ( I'll upload another copy to my MU acc for future copies ) Big Bang Beat
Now, after you've downloaded it, extract it.

After you've extracted you may or may not get another zip folder. If you get another zip folder, extract it.

After you've extracted, run the setup ( omg why do I have to run a setup for a fighting game !? ) Did you not see the youtube vids? =3

The setup is in japanese so just use common sense to where you think install/agree would be. I'd show you but I'd lose 3 hrs of gameplay and it's not really worth it lol. You shouldn't have any trouble installing it.

After you've installed the game, it may start up on it's own but if it doesn't, run the setup again but this time, press start ( do this only if you didn't receive two shortcuts on your desktop )

If the game started up by itself, just press esc to exit the game. You'll notice two new icons on your desktop that look like this

Configuration Settings/Options
Big Bang Beat 1st Impression Bbbconfig

Actual Game
Big Bang Beat 1st Impression Bigbangbeatpic

Open the configuration settings/options.

OMG IT'S ALL IN JAPANESE AGAIN WTH DO I DO ?!?!?!?!?

Calm down, more pics on they way <3

Big Bang Beat 1st Impression Cfgw

This should be very simple from here as anyone can configure hotkeys.

Big Bang Beat 1st Impression Cfg2

After you've configured your hotkeys, press okay to save the settings. Now click the ????? at the bottom right.

You aren't done yet! Now drag the configurations settins/options into the game icon on your desktop ( the actual game )

You might have asked me why don't you just change the settings in the options menu in the game, It's quite simple. For some odd reason, it can't be changed so that's what the config settings is for. You shouldn't have to drag the config into the game anymore at this point. All the info should have saved directly into the game but if it doesn't, repeat the directions given above.

Things you should know before playing the game !

1st of all, this isn't your conventional fighting game. Sure they have basic concepts in commands but the play style is a little different. Let us take a look at the basic commands

We have our typical light, medium, and heavy attacks but guess what? They're both your punch and kicks depending on how they're used in commands like holding forward + light = ?. They're all different for each character and you may say the combos can be very limited but if you look at the above video, you'll see that isn't true <3. It's somewhat similar to capcom vs tatsunoko but that was never released to american shores but it will soon on the wii.

Lets look at the 3 other commands. Action, charge, and enhance. I've only played the game so much so my data on it is still pretty limited but I'm trying out different things so I'll update it on this thread as soon as I figure it out.

Action -
Pressing this button ( cost 1 gauge ) but doing this allows you to dash forward at an extremely fast rate. You can use this to get some ground between you and your opponent but there is another way this is used. This also can be used as a roman cancel ( reffering to GGX ). Basically, at any point during a combo, if you press this button, you can cancel that combo and execute a new combo ( sweet ). This also has one more use xP. If you hold down while you press the action button, you'll do a jump dash. It's slower then the regular action dash but, you can get some air out of it creating some sick air combos xP.

Charge -
Unlike other fighting games, special moves ( not signature or super moves ) take power off a different gauge. Once that gauge is depleted, you can no longer use special moves. Hold down this button to gain that energy back but be warned, using this will make you defenseless.

Enhance -
This is taunt but it is only useable 3 times. Each time used = 1 power up.

B Escape -
This cost 4 gauges but you can escape any combo/special by pressing forward and Boost at the same time

B Counter -
While holding block, press boost and you'll perform a counter. Cost 1 gauge.

All credits go to the original company that designed BBB. Thanks NFG <3

To Vet players -

I don't mind if you share any of the information with your friends but I only ask that you do not post this on the public forums just yet. I wanna reward all the vet players who makes the forums fun and enjoyable.

To the Mods -

I'm not exactly sure if this counts as advertising as it's not for one of those crazy surveys and it's not any game from any other ms private server. However, if this does break any of the rules please pm me and close/delete the thread.
Back to top Go down
https://dmswarfare.forumotion.com

Big Bang Beat 1st Impression
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warfare :: Hobbies-
Jump to: